Welcome to CSU!
The Cambridge Sports Union is one of the Boston area's premier running, skiing and orienteering athletic clubs boasting members from all corners of greater Boston, Massachusetts and beyond. CSU's running section hosts training runs throughout the year in Boston area locations including the Commonwealth Avenue stretch of the Boston Marathon course, Boston University's indoor track, Fresh Pond in Cambridge and the trails of Walden Pond and the historic Battle Road. CSU members participate in a variety of races including the New England Grand Prix series championships, Pub Series, Mt. Washington Road Race and the Boston Marathon among many offerings that make Boston a running Mecca(!?).
Come share in the combined 'centuries of running wisdom' Cambridge Sports Union members have to offer by joining us at a workout!
Greetings CSUers —-
If you have been following the development of new CSU technical running gear that meets all the input we received from team members – we are very proud to announce the online CSU gear store is now open till May 8th. This will allow us to get a delivery around June 15th!!! Thus – don’t wait, order now so we can get our gear fast. It is easy to do and we can help if you have questions.Steps to Order New Technical CSU Gear:
1. Go to this link https://teamstore.pactimo.com/
2. Type Team store password csurunning
3. You will see both long and short sleeved (very cool/high-quality/technical) jerseys for men and women. Yup – as you requested gender specific styling for runners with our great graphics that you can only get at this CSU online store. Remember the CSU yinyang has special PR power for runners so you want this gear both for training, hanging our post workout and for racing. In addition – per your requests – there is also a very nice tech CSU running hat.
4. All gear will be shipped to Catherine to save us all shipping costs. Once the gear arrives – She will set up a couple gear pickup dates/events. Easy!
5. Sizing – there is an online guide and if you were not at track to see the gear samples or able to make the soup run to try on sample sizes – you can ask these CSUers who did what size they liked: Jon, Terry, Tom, Kristi, Gail, Nicole, Lisa , Patrick, Elizabeth, Geoffrey, Stephen P, and Catherine. Please note, this is a different vendor than our singlet and people seemed to agree the sizing ran pretty true.
6. Again our CSU Gear store will close May 8th so we can get our custom gear ordered to arrive around June 15th. Please don’t be a fence sitter or delay, as once the store closes it won’t reopen until late fall.
Happy CSU Gear Shopping!
posted by kcabot in Uncategorized on May 1, 2015
Yup – it’s time again to renew your CSU membership, and it’s easy and secure to do online. Just go here: https://www.signmeup.com/site/reg/register.aspx?fid=GJ2VVH7
Just follow the steps and have your credit card handy. If you prefer to pay by check, you may do so by following the mail-in instructions also located on the webpage. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
USATF membership renewals are separate from the CSU membership dues, but can also be done online. Go to http://usatfne.org/member. Remember, to score points for CSU at 2015 USATF New England Grand Prix races, your USATF membership must be current.
posted by kcabot in Uncategorized on December 27, 2014
CSU is once again offering a 13-week winter coached speed indoor track program through Boston University from December 4 to March 12. The program will be coached by Elite Level Track and Field Coach Gabe Sanders of BU, and is only open to CSU members.
Most sessions are from 7:00-8:00pm on Thursday nights; however, there will be two Fridays and two Tuesday nights mixed in to avoid BU track meet conflicts. Below is the full schedule of training sessions:
December 4, 11, 18
January 9, 16, 20, 29
February 5, 10, 19, 26
March 5, 12
Each session begins with a coached dynamic warm-up and movement preparation with Gabe Sanders. The warm up is followed by a quick regroup to review the workout plan for the night, followed by the actual interval workout. The session ends with a coached recovery, strength and injury prevention cool down with Gabe.
Entry is on a first-come-first-serve basis and the slots are filling up, so sign up soon if you’re interested! The fee is $150 by November 15th. After the 15th the fee increases to $165.
posted by kcabot in Training on November 3, 2014
Please join us on Monday, October 13th, to volunteer with CSU at the Tufts 10K race in the Boston Common. CSU earns $20 for each volunteer, which goes toward funding CSU events and race fees.
As usual, CSU will be volunteering at the bag check area, so you’ll get your exercise running up and down the bag lines. And of course have an enjoyable time catching up with friends and meeting new members! Please feel free to bring your family, friends or co-workers. More the merrier!
Date: Monday, October 13, 2014
Time: Check in at 10:30 am; plan to stay until 2:00 pm
Where: Boston Common — come directly to the bag check area
RSVP: Please email email@example.com